Our contact detail
Name: Dr Zhong Eric Chen, Health Opportunities Team Information Custodian
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following personal information:
- Name, Address, Mobile Phone, Email and Date of Birth
How we get the personal information and why we have it
The personal information we process is provided to us directly by you due to one of the following reasons:
- You had previously been a member of staff at Health Opportunities Team
- You had previously been a client at Health Opportunities Team
- You filled in a form that we sent to you, when you made a request to access your confidential records, that we have stored relating to you, or another person, who has been a member of staff or a client of the services in the last 6 years.
We use the information that you have given us in order to either:
- Process your employment records at Health Opportunities Team, or
- Process the service information that you received at Health Opportunities Team, or
- Process your request to access staff or client records held by Health Opportunities Team.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting Dr Zhong Eric Chen as above.
(b) We have a contractual obligation to hold your records for six years from February 2021 and the form you send us requesting access to your records.
How we store your personal information
An electronic register used to generate anonymised code for confidential client notes stored on an encrypted USB is being held by the Information Custodian Dr Zhong Eric Chen
Digitised staff and client records that Health Opportunities Team have retained are securely stored on an encrypted USB drive held by Health Opportunities Team Bookkeeper, Ms Linsay Murray.
Your email correspondence to email@example.com and any subsequent completed request form will be saved onto the encrypted USB held by the Information Custodian Dr Zhong Eric Chen.
We keep digitised records, email correspondence and completed request form for six years from February 2021. We will then dispose your information by digitally deleting the files.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com